Louisville, KY & Boston, Nov. 13, 2023 – Bamboo Health™ today announced its latest innovation, Discharge Summaries, an enhancement to the company’s existing nationwide Pings platform. The innovative solution is designed to resolve communication issues encountered when patients leave the hospital, ensuring effective and punctual post-discharge care directly through its Pings workflow.
“Discharge Summaries has been a game-changer for our network, especially for the coordination in the continuum. We have post-acute provider partners using this product to seamlessly transition patients,” said Michelle Bednarek, program manager at Triad HealthCare Network. “We’ve used the Pings platform for years to alert us when a patient is discharged but now, we can quickly see the instructions they received from the hospital, their upcoming appointments, their medication list, etc., and we know whether they need to be seen right away to avoid ending up back in the emergency department again.”
When a patient moves from an acute care setting to facilities like Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF), it demands efficient communication among all caregivers. Manual patient discharge reports, which include vital information prepared by a patient’s caregivers, often get lost in the shuffle. These summaries contain crucial details, such as medication lists and follow-up appointments. However, accessing these digitally can be challenging due to proprietary electronic health record (EHR) systems.
“Communication gaps in post-discharge care can lead to care delays, treatment errors, unnecessary procedures and even patient harm leading to readmissions. In fact, one study found that adverse events occurred after patient discharge 19-23% of the time,” said Russell Olsen, chief product officer of Bamboo Health. “Our Discharge Summaries solution not only adds pertinent clinical context to Pings alerts but also provides real-time access to essential patient data. This empowers healthcare providers to prioritize patients with urgent care needs, which improves quality, reduces overall costs, and also enhances revenue opportunities for the organization.”
Bamboo Health’s Discharge Summaries offers game-changing advantages:
- Seamless Access: Care coordinators can effortlessly obtain discharge information, avoiding the detective work and phone calls needed to manually track down missing summaries.
- Unified Platform: Alongside real-time alerts for Admissions, Discharges and Transfers (ADT), the Pings platform now facilitates access to hospital discharge reports, irrespective of their transmission method.
- Enhanced TCM Billing: The solution boosts Transition of Care Management (TCM) billing opportunities with a comprehensive clinical context.
- Unmatched Network Scale: Discharge Summaries are available from in-network or out-of-network facilities nationwide, or when transmitted via interoperability networks such as Commonwell or Carequality Alliance.
- Readmission Reduction: By facilitating the early capture of essential details, the solution minimizes avoidable emergency department visits and readmissions.
With Bamboo Health’s Discharge Summaries, healthcare organizations can now ensure a smoother transition for patients, enhancing quality, cost and satisfaction.
To learn more about how Discharge Summaries can improve timely follow-up, please visit bamboohealth.com/solutions/discharge-summaries/.
About Bamboo Health
Bamboo Health, the leader in Real-Time Care Intelligence™, delivers actionable insights on a patient’s physical, behavioral and social health – empowering healthcare professionals to provide the right care at the right time for the right outcomes. Delivered through our Smart Signals™ network – the largest and most interoperable care collaboration community in the nation – our insights improve more than 1 billion patient encounters a year across more than 2,500 hospitals, 8,000 post-acute facilities, 25,000 pharmacies, 32 health plans, 50 state governments and 1 million acute and ambulatory providers. Connect with Bamboo Health on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Visit BambooHealth.com to learn more.